Fast & Free UK Delivery*FastTrack delivery available on many items
Free SamplesUnlimited samples sent by ﬁrst class post
3 Year GuaranteeFor complete peace of mind
5* Excellent ratingThousands of fantastic reviews
Everything You Need to Know About Velux Blinds This Winter
If you google ‘skylight blinds’ you’re going to get a whole host of weird and wonderful contraptions gracing your screen. The problem is that while they might be wonderful, you want to make sure that you find the perfect fit too. It’s why we’ve put together everything you need to know about our chosen solution — Velux blackout blinds — in this handy little blog. Enjoy folks!
For those of you who know your brand names it won’t have escaped you that Velux is one of the UK’s biggest manufacturers and fitters of skylights. Are 247Blinds now teaming up with this brand to try and take over the world we hear you ask? Not quite…
Loads of people call loft blinds and skylight blinds by this name, so we do too. To make things even easier our Velux blinds are designed to fit all models of Velux skylights from the moment they arrive. That means no questionable DIY alterations will be needed to get them working in perfect harmony with your skylight. Ideal really!
What do the style gurus recommend?
You might think that we’ll recommend nothing but bold colours and bright patterns, but when it comes to skylights, things are a little bit different. The key here is to remember that you want something calming, soothing and relaxing all at the same time, and if you can make it a blackout Velux blind while you’re at it then that’s all the better!
To make all of that possible, take a look at a few of these beauties. You never know, you might find the perfect fit your home has been looking for:
- The cream rolller: this is an iconic design if ever there was one, for no other reason than it allows you to lie back and relax without a care in the world from the moment it arrives. If that’s the kind of thing you have in store for your new-look skylight, be our guest!
- The white blackout roller: it’s not just the curtains or blinds downstairs that we can help with when it comes time to get your 40 winks — we’re pretty good up near the roof too folks! That means if you want to treat yourself to a neutral touch of style that’s sure to have you sleeping right through the night, all you have to do is measure up (more on that shortly) and get in touch!
- The flame red blackout roller: with a name like that, how could it not make it into our top 3? Don’t get us wrong, we haven’t just added a catchy name as part of one of our cunning marketing ploys, we just want to make sure you don’t miss it! Now that you know about it, let’s dust off those measuring tools of yours…
How do you measure for Velux blinds?
Good question my friend, good question indeed! If you want a really simple approach that will ensure you never miss a digit, or worse of all that all-important decimal point, follow these wise words:
- Find the manufacturer and size by looking for the data plate on the inside edge — you’re typically looking for a mix of letters and numbers like “GGL M04.”
- Now that you have that, you’re basically done! Shop for the style you want and then type in the details with reference to the size charts you’ll see on each product page
If you get stuck, or you can’t find the data plate, all you have to do is measure the visible glass from top to bottom, and side to side. Make sure not to include the frame in your measurements otherwise your blinds won’t fit, and feel free pop us a message if all this gives you a headache! We’ll be able to point you in the right direction before you know it, which leaves one more thing…
How do you fit Velux blinds?
Another good question…
Because we know how busy you are we’ve already jotted down everything you need to know to transform your skylight with ease. All you have to do is click here and we’ll talk you through the details.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, all you have to do is explore the whole range, pick out your favourite, and then start measuring up.