Want to treat the heart of the home to the makeover you know it’s been waiting for? With a little help from our style gurus we’re going to connect you with a whole host of kitchen window décor ideas you won’t find anywhere else. Like the sound of that? You’ll like the look of it even more…
Roller blinds are perfect for the kitchen
You might think that there aren’t that many roller blind choices out there, but we beg to differ! In fact, we can tell you from experience that there’s so many you’ll want us by your side, narrowing down your options.
Here’s how you can draw up a shortlist in no time at all and still have plenty left over to start shopping for some matching accessories while you’re at it:
- Decide on your colour scheme so that you can figure out how to start it with your kitchen window coverings and let it flow around the rest of the room
- Don’t be shy when it comes to patterns, artistic prints, and even country style designs that make you smile from the moment you walk through the door
- Get creative by exploring everything from purple patterns and gentle whites, to charming creams that makes you feel at home and at ease without having to worry about a thing
Wooden blinds are a great option too…
If you’re not quite sold on the idea of roller blinds just yet, don’t worry. Wooden blinds are a great option for those of you who want the perfect balance of quaint timeless style and contemporary living all wrapped up in one. And because we can make yours to measure, you’ll be able to get just the right fit without any of the headaches.
The key thing with using our wooden blind range to dress a kitchen window is to keep things simple. Not sure how to do it? Here’s how we picture it all coming together:
- Decide whether you want a dark or a light wood so that you can figure out how the natural light is going to look
- Think about your recess if you have one and then consider some matching decorations on the sill if you have the space
- Remember that you can also go in other directions if you want a white, grey, or even a driftwood style blind
Add some matching features
One of the great things about turning your decorating skills to the kitchen is that it allows you to get eclectic and charming with your choices in a way few other rooms do. If you want to keep things sleek and minimalist then this section may not be for you, but if you want to have that lived-in, family vibe then how about considering some of these:
- A matching clock face opposite your kitchen windows is a great way to compliment floral or country style roller blind designs
- If you’re lucky enough to have a sill behind the sink you could use it to display some fresh cut flowers that will contrast beautifully with your new dark wooden blinds
- When you opt for a floral roller blind, you might want to think about whether you can get your lampshade made out of the same fabric. Now’s there’s an idea!
Shutters: The little something different you need?
Made to measure shutters are another bright idea for those of you who want to be able to dress the kitchen to impress, but can’t quite find something that brings it all together. The country charm and relaxing vibe they have to offer is ideal if you want to create that welcoming ambience that puts everyone at ease and invites them to take a seat.
You could go for a classic white, a gentle pink, or even a luscious green. The great thing about coming to the experts in made to measure style is that the choice is always yours!
What’s the next step?
We want you to fall in love with your latest addition to the kitchen from the moment it arrives, so why not let us lend a helping hand? On every blinds page you’ll see a quick link to Kev and the guys measuring up, and you can also request unlimited free samples with the click of a button. Treat yourself to the best half a dozen on your shortlist and you’ll be able to get a much better idea of how they’re going to fit into the heart of the home. Enjoy!