Everything You Need to Know About Roller Blinds
When it’s time to breathe new life into your home, your windows are the obvious place to start. They set the tone for the rest of the room, and are a great way to create a focal point that radiates across the rest of the space, introducing a new colour scheme as it goes. When it comes to choosing the perfect roller blinds for your home, all you need to do is click here. But first, take a look at a few pearls of wisdom from the made to measure experts.
Choosing the perfect room for your roller blinds
First things first, we need to get you started with a project. Roller blinds will work just about anywhere, but there’s a few rooms where we think they are just perfect:
- The Kitchen: When you want a set of blinds that take up the minimum amount of space in your window spaces, look no further than your roller blinds. They’ll also allow you to easily control the light that’s coming in as the sun gets lower in the sky whilst you cook the evening meal.
- The Dining Room: If you’re looking for an elegant and poised addition, roller blinds will probably be the answer. They are ideal if you want to create a chic, minimalist look you’ll instantly fall in love with.
The top 3 roller blinds you need to know about
- Roma Mischka: Perfect if you want a subtle addition to your interiors that sits gently in the background.
- Rimini Coffee: A calming, earthy shade that makes you feel at home the moment you step through the door.
- Roma Firefly: A vibrant and exciting colour that’s true to its name every step of the way.
How much will my new roller blinds cost?
We believe made to measure roller blinds are something everyone should be able to have in their home, so we offer simple prices that won’t scare your wallet:
- Roma Mischka: Get started for just £9.30
- Rimini Coffee: Add it to your home for as little as £7.39
- Roma Firefly: Prices start from just £8.70
The secret to making fitting roller blinds look easy
Whether you want to know how to install roller blinds outside mount, or how to install roller blinds inside mount, we’ll show you how to make it look easy. In fact, we’ll even show you how to fix roller blinds that won’t turn!
You’ll need a pencil, tape measure, screwdriver, and a standard cordless drill. Next you’ll want to decide how you want to hang them: inside the recess, or out in front. Give it a little bit of thought, then take a look at a couple of handy videos from our resident DIY expert.
Here’s how you fit them: Make fitting roller blinds look easy
And here’s how you measure them: Measure for my roller blinds like a pro
The questions everyone asks…
Do my rollers go inside, or outside the recess?
The choice is yours on this one. If you want a snug, homely fit then inside the recess will be what you’re looking for. If you want to give your windows a little more depth and project your new design into the room, consider having them outside the recess.
How much do they cost?
Everything we put our name to is made to measure, and all you need to do is measure up, and then punch the details into the price calculator you’ll find on each product page. That way you’ll get the custom quote you need in an instant.
Do blackout roller blinds really work?
Take it from us, our blackout blinds are the best way to keep the bedroom pitch black so you can sleep right through the night. It’s why loads of our fabrics are available in a blackout option.