For those of you looking to end the year with a bang and treat your home to something that’s guaranteed to make it smile, you’ve certainly come to the right place! As you probably guessed from our name we’re all about adding style and curb appeal to those pristine windows of yours, so who better to ask when you’re trying to figure out how to choose your window coverings in 2020? Let’s dive right in…
What are my window covering options?
With us you can get just about every type of window covering you can imagine, but let’s keep this simple. There’s three main types that you need to know about, and one of them you’ll be surprised to know that we can offer…
Option 1: Blinds of course!
There are so many different types of blinds out there, so to make your life that little bit easier we’re going to focus on three of our favourites:
- Roller Blinds: These are the classic, simple and timeless touches of style that really need no introduction. If you like the idea of something that makes life easy, or that comes in thousands of different styles (including blackout fabric), they could be ideal for you. You can take a look at three of our best sellers when you click here, here and even here!
- Roman Blinds: Want to spice of your decor in a way that adds a little magic to the classic roller blind style? Roman blinds are just what you’ve been looking for my friend. And as for those best sellers you are ready to take a look at, all you have to do is click here, here and here!
- Venetian Blinds: Keeping it classical and timeless is what these type of blinds do best, and their wooden finishes are certainly something you can’t miss. For some ideas about what your friends and neighbours have already treated themselves to, click here, here and then here!
But don’t let our name fool you, we offer a little more than just thousands of blinds that are guaranteed to catch your eye…
If you want to combine country chic with a modern twist, you’ve certainly come to the right place. Shutters are more popular now than they have been in years because they’re a great way of enhancing your privacy, breathing new life into your decor and making a feature of natural light all at the same time. If want three bright ideas about how that will look then click here, then click here, and put your feet up and click here!
Option 3: Curtains — yes, you read that right!
The keen followers of our social media amongst you will know that we have a sister site that’s all about curtains, so we thought we’d just namedrop that too…
Curtains are ideal if you want that warm and cosy feel in the winter and a light and breezy feel in the summer. We’ve got thousands of styles for you to choose from, starting with these three: vibrant blue, classic floral, grey home style.
What window coverings are in style in 2020?
Good question! Plantation shutters have never been more popular, curtains will never go out of fashion, and venetian blinds really do catch the eye when you opt for real wood. But really the choice depends on what you want the rest of your house to look like.
If you want some playful fabrics for the nursery or playroom then you’ll want to take a look at these. If you’re trying to create that rustic meets country vibe that’s so in then take a look here. And if the grey home style is what you’re all about, here’s where you need to look.
How much do window coverings cost?
We’re all about made to measure style, which means with us you get exactly what you want, and nothing more. It means you don’t have to get stuck with awkward bulk pricing and rigid limits, you just go onto the page of your choice, pop your measurements into the cost calculator, and we’ll tell you how much it’s going to be.
Click here and then look on the righthand side to see what we’re talking about!
What window coverings are best for insulation?
When winter comes knocking for another year you’re going to want to put some thought into how your window coverings can keep you warm and cosy. Here’s three bright ideas from our style gurus:
- Neat Fit blinds will make such a difference because of how much window space you have
- Full-length curtains are ideal if you want to keep the bedroom or living room nice and snug when the snow is falling and the wind is blowing
- Shutters give you more options than you might think, especially when you want to keep some of that natural light coming in
Which window coverings are best for sliding glass doors?
We’ll keep this one short and sweet: vertical blinds. They’ll be all you need if you want to put the curtains to one side and add some privacy and style to your sliding doors without any stress. That’s all there is to know really!
How do you find the perfect covering for your room?
This really depends on the style you want. Venetian blinds are ideal for the bathroom where you want privacy, curtains are great for a cosy bedroom or living room, and roman blinds and rollers are ideal for just about everywhere. Just don’t go mad and try and have full-length curtains in your kitchen!
Any measuring and fitting tips I need to know about?
The key is to follow our hints and tips for each type of blind. Each one has a little knack to it that’s dead easy to learn, so we don’t want to bore you with the details until you need them. When you’re ready with your tape measure and pencil, just look out for Kev and the guys who’ll be popping up beside each product listing to tell you everything you need to know. You’ll find them under the measuring tab next to those prices we already mentioned.
Now we’ve covered how you can choose your dream window coverings for 2020, it’s over to you to end the year with a truly stylish bang. Enjoy!